Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Idea's for Wind?

As I continue working on this project I find that I am having a great deal of trouble figuring out what else to include on the film that can represent WIND. All of the other elements FIRE, WATER, and EARTH seem to be easier in representing colors. With WIND, I have been going with a lot of grey, blue, and then I have a problem. No other colors really represent WIND because it doesn't have a color. WIND can only be seen through the breeze that blows leaves and tree limbs. Hair can be blown by wind. Basically objects can be affected by wind but wind cannot be seen in the air. I was watching "The Fifth Element" on TBS the other night and watched to see the stone that represented WIND and it was 3 squiggly lines. Awesome, that helped a lot. Squiggly lines I already have drawn on the film. I might leave the rest of the film to be covered by magazine clippings. All in all, I am having a lot of fun experimenting with the 16mm film.

No comments: